Friday, June 05, 2009

No Casual Jeans

The plastic cap protector thingy on the bottle of chocolate milk I got with my lunch said "PULL TAB AND TEAR AROUND" -- so I did.

Within five minutes I was out of breath, I had chocolate milk stains on my pants and I was banned from the cafeteria for life (which, to be honest, was not listed as a possibility in the employee handbook).

More importantly, it is our 11th wedding anniversary.
I still have trouble believing that, as does anyone who has ever met either Shana or myself, separately or at once.
We've come a long way from charging diapers on a Discover card to have enough money for food to our new home with kitchen amenities which force constant decisions on what take-out to get (My vote? Burritos.) and our army of poisonous spider minions.
We've geographically come a long way. A time zone, even.
And I still think I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
The traditional gift for the eleventh anniversary is Flan, with the contemporary one being Jell-O. At least according to the Food Network website which tracks these things.
I went a different direction, but I hope it works anyway.
Happy Anniversary, Shana!

2 comments:

Darrell said...

/Cheer!
/Gratz!
Amazing, you'd think that one of her plans to kill you for life insurance would have worked by now. I think if the spiders her last hope ;)
Can't believe she's been married to the drunk guy that wouldn't go away for 11 years.
/roll
Garrick rolls 100 (1-100)

Joe said...

Congrats to you both. What's the proper gift for the 11th Anniversary in the great state of South Carolina? Spider repellent?