Friday, February 02, 2007

Earlier this week there was a spirited debate through email about whether Eve Online was more or less awesome than World of Warcraft. I chose to support World of Warcraft (Duskwood server, Webinara, 93 skill points in Leathercrafting) because I've got an almost irrational issue with Sci-Fi role-playing games.
With each argument (most were actually valid) in favor of Eve Online, I replied with the ability to kill a giant spider in WoW and make boots out of it. Could you do that with an enemy spaceship? Would they be boots anyone would want to wear?
Apparently, they would, as this argument ending reply from an Eve Online playing co-worker would indicate:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Why the hate? Wait. I know the answer to that. All online games generate hate fields towards all other online games. I think it is a CPU-cycle-stealing function of the graphics processor, but I doubt the feature is documented.

Later in the evening, Shana and Gwynyth and I recreated scenes from some of Shakespeare's work using paper cut-outs. We are big DAHT fans, with no DAH's.
Shana totally started the Romeo and Juliet bit before I could get into character and I ended up having to be a nasally falsetto Juliet. It was, perhaps, slightly more comedic than the bard intended.
My Witch #2 and Witch #3 from the Scottish play were dead on. Ground-breaking. Award worthy.
I'm still in major Disaster Recovery hell at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was an awesome Romeo - as awesome as Romeo can possibly be. And you were an inspired, Juliet - prim blush and all.