Friday, October 26, 2007

Late but Brief

Flag_of_Australia

Hey! I'm completely busy trying to cram some last-minute junk in at work before I take some time off for (relatively) good behaviour (considering).

I just wanted to share a couple of things:

1. When one's manager purposely executes a file from a suspected malicious source as a way to verify that the anti-virus solution is capable of handling viruses and other nastiness released into the wild only a few hours previous, things might very well go as badly as one would suspect.

2. In at least one software package, paying an $1800 upgrade cost for the Australian Language Pack seems to have no other function than to scan documents and replace "beer" with "Fosters". I'm not kidding.

Both of these situations leave me with the only possible response as a one-shoulder shrug and a sincere, "Good luck with that."

-G

Difficile est saturam non scribere

No comments: