Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Remember that time in the original Die Hard movie when John McClaine is on the roof of the Nakatomi building and just as the FBI helicopter explodes he wraps the firehose around himself and shoots his way into a lower window?
And how about that time in Attack of the Clones when Count Dooku has totally smacked down two Jedi and the Yoda walks in and goes all freaky ninja on him?
Oooo! Ooooo! Or that time in The Lost World: Jurassic Park 2 when that huge dinosaur is running around Los Angeles and then eats that guy that was totally asking for it?
I enjoyed all of those moments. So everything is fine. Nothing at all to worry about over this next part.
So.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix opened at midnight last night and I absolutely have to see it as soon as possible seriously I can't believe it has been out for so many hours and I haven't had the chance to view and interpret and criticize the choices of the screenwriter and director and complain about how much better the book was and all about what I can't believe they left out considering how important it probably is to the rest of the series like all of Harry's training in Defense Against the Dark Arts in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" which was glossed over in the movie almost completely and which plays a huge role in this movie!
Okay. It is a "kid's movie". I know and I don't care.
The future of Hogwart's is at stake!
Dolores Umbridge is a horrible woman! She reminds me of an application lead I worked with at an old job and I hate her character with a passion normally reserved for traffic slights.
Also, whatever the screenwriter and director have done, this story almost has to completely belong to Fred and George Weasley who (in my opinion, freely shared) are awesome.
Luna Lovegood also shows up in this book and I look forward to seeing that in film. And hey! Hagrid's half-brother Grawp is in this one! And Gary Oldman is back to fight Helena Bonham Carter! With magic!
Special effects . . . The same set designer from all four other movies . . . Special effects . . . Alan Rickman . . . .
I'm sure you can see I have no choice but to go wearing my Hogwart's hoodie and Muggle cap.
Afterwards, I'll drag the family to begin the camp out for book seven.

No comments: