Sunday, March 12, 2006

I TOUCHED THE ATLANTIC OCEAN!
In the process I also got a lot of it in my shoes, but what are you going to do?
It isn't a problem for someone smart enough to bring extra pair for the interview. It IS a problem for me. However, any software company on the beach should expect squishy footed applicants, right?
On the plane I sat between a narcoleptic old guy and an old guy with a giant newspaper he could only read at arms length, fully expanded. On the plus side, free peanuts.
My rental car is little and yellow. And different.
And now it has 40% more sand in the floorboard, even after my attempts to "walk it off" over dinner.
Dinner was an adventure in itself. I tried to find a local dive. I think I succeeded with the "Briny Irish Pub." Whoa. Pre-interview I was only brave enough to order a salad, but I'll be pushing for a return trip over lunch tomorrow so I can try the fish and chips.
Right now I'm enjoying the wireless internet in the hotel bar, updating this and checking my email.
Every new browser window reminds me of my location: here
I can see water from my room. I think technically it is a ditch, but I'm happy about it.
After I figure out how to get to the interview in the morning (by way of a Starbucks), I'm turning in.
My impressions of Fort Lauderdale so far are probably colored by the time of year but can be summed up in three words:
"Spring break! Wooooo!"

No comments: