Saturday, November 17, 2007

Male Bonding

Friday night my friend Todd's family was out of town. In a burst of urgent geekishness, he invited his brother Brian and I to my first ever adult sleepover party -- in which World of Warcraft would be played, cigars would be smoked, and cola would be consumed in quantities fit to send an uneasy shudder through the carbonated water industry.

I brought Doritos and a sleeping bag. I knew there were plenty of actual beds, but the sleeping bag made the whole thing seem more official.

This party was not without support, either. Todd's wife Sabrina left us all gifts on the gaming (formerly dining) table:

awesomegamerguys

Too bad the manufacturer misspelled "Awesome And Manly Gamer Guys", eh? But it is the thought that counts.

Anyway, pictured above (from left to right) are me and Brian and Todd. So much pretty, so little overall time to pwn some dungeons.

Thanks, Sabrina.

So we played until 4am on Saturday, woke up around four hours later and played for another eight hours or so. It was, to be honest, beyond uber.

Note to self: Spend more time unemployed.

Reply from self: Consider it done, dork!

No comments: