Sunday, November 25, 2007

Well, This is I.T.

Farming

Okay, everybody! Coffee break's over! Back on your heads!

I've had two weeks to reflect on life, I.T., what cats do all day, and World of Warcraft. This has been beneficial time for me to reset emotionally and become ready to start something new. I've also enjoyed good coffee.

The whole process has been tolerable because I've been paid to do it.

There are a lot of things which become tolerable when someone is paying you to do them.

On Monday morning, I'm going to do another one.

I've accepted a job at a software company doing [insert technobabble everyone would skim anyway] and at 9am sharp I officially rejoin the in-the-trenches ranks of the over-utilized and under-appreciated nerd set. And that's okay. It's my thing. It's whatever the hell it is that I do.

At this job, I'll drive less getting there and back. There is no hardware work. As far as I can tell, there are no users to work with.

How weird is that?

I will continue to collect stories and spit them back up here for your information/amusement/State's Evidence -- I just have no idea (much like with these last two weeks) what time of day the posts will come up.

Visits to Pr3++yG33kyTh1ng will be like a glorious adventure. Think of it as a treasure hunt! Will there be some new gem posted this time or the same tired old crap that was posted yesterday? Some insightful observation or the same old mean-spirited ranting and personal attacks that just manage to skirt the libel laws of 49 states (Up yours, Idaho!)?

If we are lucky, the answer will continue to be "all of the above".

No comments: