Saturday, April 29, 2006

Haiku = Old and busted
Fib = The new hotness

I'm always one for stepping up the geeky. Let it never be said that I was content with the same tired old Haiku format from late 19th century Japan.
I'm going to convert the poetry style of choice to the Fibonacci format. According to the Fibonacci sequence, the last two numbers are combined to form the following number.
Starting with one and zero:

1+0=1
0+1=1
1+1=2
1+2=3
2+3=5
3+5=8
5+8=13
8+13=21

So, the new poetry "w00+", in syllables by line is:

1
1
2
3
5
8

For a twenty syllable masterwork.

5, 7, 5 is t3h L4M3!

I
can't
begin
to describe
how nerdy it is
to write poetry based in math!

There is surely room for more job hating in three extra syllables as well.

Work
sucks
so much
I hate them
Why do they call me?
I should F disk the whole damn place.

No comments: