Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Today is another fun filled day of not going to work. It is the last such day before the chillingly long stretch of time that includes Wednesday through Saturday. Almost 24 hours in advance, I already dread my return with marrow-chilling frustration and angst.
I just know the "stupid" has piled up on my desk where it waits for my return. It crouches in anticipation, ready to pounce as soon as I log back into my email - when it will sink its fangs into my sense of self-worth and shake me like a rag doll, not even releasing my broken form when I have completed whatever senseless task my non-technical technical manager has decided gets top priority.
But today is not that stupid day.
Today is another day for reflection, for finding my center, for getting back in touch with the person inside this coarse (but ruggedly attractive) geeky exterior. And mostly for updating the title on my online resumes since that makes them listed as "new" to recruiters and places the resume at the top of the page. You know head hunters hate to scroll down. In that respect, they are a lot like people.

The
big
job hunt
continues.
My standards are low,
but I still say "mercenary".

3 comments:

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joe said...

I find "stupid" repellant works well.

I prefer Southern Comfort 100 proof. It worked for me this weekend ...

Sorry about the deleted comment but my spelling was atrocious ... I was bitten by a rabid stupid recently and it is affecting my higher brain function.

Garrick said...

Don't stress. Those stupids are particularly nasty this time of year.
I fear it is breeding season. :(