Friday, May 05, 2006

Today is going to be weird! I love bizarro weird days!
First, I left the house late and hit no traffic on the interstate. According to the traffic reports the surface streets did not fare so well, with a diesel spill detouring people out of frou frou River Oaks onto the interstate. Take that, rich people!
Second, I was accosted this morning at 5:30 at the 24 hour Starbucks by women in ball gowns.
Of course, the first thing I thought was, "Hey, drunk people!"
But they actually didn't seem drunk. So I was confused, but this is a big town. On Friday morning these aren't prom leftovers, either. Unless they have moved proms to Thursday night and people a decade too old are attending them.
The consensus at work is that these women are either strippers or vampires, but I was unaware of a formal dress requirement for either career path.
Apparently, a 24 hour Starbucks gathers freaks like a Waffle House.
Sign three that today is going to be bizarre is that I traced an "Out of Disk Space" error to almost eight gigs of comic books in electronic format. I didn't even know there were comic books in electronic format!
Go team, X Men!
Speaking of comics, please take a moment tomorrow to observe Free Comic Book Day. After Casual Jeans Whatever and Halloween, it is my personal favorite holiday.
Also, if you find anything objectionable in any free comic you should immediately share it with a minor so that you can sue the shop owner. I love this country!
Plans for today include . . . Yeah only I don't actually even have any plans for today. There is some paperwork that needs to be done but I'm not feeling it. Paper is bad for the environment. As I constantly repeat, we are always one garbage can fire away from a paper-free office.
I'd actually most like to just go home. I'm depressed and burned out and sick of apologizing for stuff I didn't break. This was never a place I wanted my career to go.
It is becoming increasingly hard to even do a half-assed job when I know how this particular story ends.
Whoa. I just read that last bit. Sorry about that.
Um, look! They discovered a whole flock of ugly endangered birds! Who can be depressed after reading that?

So
Bored
at work.
I hate it.
Nails on a chalk board,
I just hate that it gets to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I smell like a cracker.