Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"Because no peace is possible without a clean public restroom." - John Lennon

One year ago the first post appeared here. That post has been regularly followed by others. Some of these posts were surprisingly well received, while others faded into the archives unlamented.
This post is not to address the past year. That could be accomplished easily enough by clicking around randomly in those same archives.
Because of the focus on technology in this site, I'm going to talk about the future. Not just the future of Pr3++yG33kyTh1ng, but of the future of the world itself.
Perhaps Oscar Wilde said it best when he said, "Of all the advances mankind has made, none surpasses the idea of separate forks for the salad and the entree."
In the coming year, I plan to do even better. I hope to post more about things a person can do with a computer to improve their quality of life, especially if that means by freeing up the time to step away from the computer itself for a bit.
I'd like my work related stories to be more amusing, so I've started spiking the coffee.
Ernest Hemingway knew what he was about when he said, "The most certain thing in life is that drunks with power are both frightening and amusing," and I.T. people have more power than they should, even sober.
I plan to talk more about web culture and places and groups that I like. Everyday things happen in a virtual culture that can have profound effects on our real-life society. As Socrates once noted, "Society is a house and change is a tornado full of woodpeckers."
Finally, I plan to talk about whatever bits of current events I turn up accidentally while looking for ways to waste time online.
Pr3++yG33kyTh1ng - Year Two promises great things, and I don't intend to let this chance go to waste.
Jules Verne was known to be fond of the phrase, "The future is a jock strap made of live scorpions," and I promise, Pr3++yG33kyTh1ng - Year Two will be at least as fun as that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year of Blogging!!!

"Let it be noted that writing soothes the soul in much the same way as gardening is a good cover for the suspicious holes in your back yard."
- Huey Lewis

Pamela Moore said...

"The second best thing to talking about myself and how important I am is having a good bowel movement." - Henry David Thoreau