Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm opening this space up for guest commentaries for an extremely limited time.
Topics considered will be computer-related, online or old school gaming and the catch-all topic of random geekery.
Of course, submitters will get their own byline as well as all the fame and fortune participation in Pr3++yG33kyTh1ng brings a person.
You can submit articles to geek_AT_prettygeekything.com. If you want, you can even have your own "@prettygeekything.com" email address, if you want two gigs of space to manage all the fan mail you are certain to receive.

1. I'd love to see fiction (or fiction based on actual events) about anything nerdy in just about any format.
2. Be sure to provide back links to your own space on the Interweb, so that readers may follow your work home, if possible.
3. Vampires, zombies, ninjas and pirates all rule, for the purposes of this exercise.
4. The high standards of this enterprise must be maintained. Good luck trying not to exceed those in a way that embarrasses me.
5. Have a piece of hardware or software you have strong feelings about (positive or negative)? Surely you might have a few words to say about it.
6. Submissions containing nudity will not be given special consideration.*

In other news, after extensive research I present this:

Reduced Sugar Cinnamon Dolce Flavoring Recipe

50 ml. Splenda
30 ml. Splenda Blend Brown Sugar
100 ml. water

Boil for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Boil longer for thicker syrup.
Allow to cool 15 minutes.
Add 3/4 tsp cinnamon extract and 1/8 tsp butter extract and stir well.
Pour into dispenser and store in refrigerator.
For about 10 oz. of finished syrup multiply all of the proportions in the recipe by 3.

* Submissions containing nudity will be given special consideration.

2 comments:

IdiotJerk said...

This was a real email received in response to an internal request for assistance:


I was under the impression that {name} already had responded to the question.


As for me I do not believe I am the right person for your queries. First,
my job on the {removed} project was importing the data sent in the feed
into {product} no more no less. I did not massage data or otherwise
produce data. What is more, that work was done several years ago and I no
longer support this code directly. Finally, my current position has me
supporting production issues that demand my constant attention and I
cannot afford to be distracted by requests for research. I cannot
disregard my primary duties and you obviously have a pressing deadline,
therefore, I must insist that any further questions be directed toward the
{development} team for proper analysis. I would ask that you please
supply a {cost center} where I may bill what little time I have given to
this project.


Regards,
{weasel}

Garrick said...

I miss consulting so very much sometimes.