Thursday, May 10, 2007

Whoa!
I'm completely not at work today. On a Thursday.
I decided to stay home and annoy Shana. Normally, I restrict that to evenings and weekends, but sometimes a person needs to go that extra mile, you know?
Also, I got a couple of submissions via email for future guest posts, which I appreciate.
I'll post them as soon as I run out of things to say.
I mean, I'll post them as soon as my ego can take the fact that they are so much better than my normal posts.
I have great fears, actually, that an appearance of a guest writer may cause my readers to abandon me for another blogger with, perhaps, less love of commas.
As I've expressed in email, the bribes were unnecessary though appreciated. In exchange for posting one notable submission, I will graciously accept dominion over the entire state of Wyoming (from now on known as Geektopia), as was offered.
To my new subjects, I plan to leave things much as they are in your frozen homeland. I'm certain that we will get along fine -- Providing one of you finds me a freaking Nintendo Wii as tribute immediately!
So far in this morning off I've managed to have a nice cup of coffee. I don't usually get that.
The universe balanced that out in the form of a nasty cat bite on the arm I received for some imagined offense against one of the more deranged felines we rescued from an animal shelter in an oft cursed moment of weakness.
Nicely done, universe. I didn't see that coming.

No comments: