Saturday, June 02, 2007

So anyway, yesterday I got an email from our site admin in Aberdeen.
I was advised that gypsies had taken up residence in one of the branch offices and had been caught near the air conditioner several times, apparently trying to make off with the copper in the unit.
I was further notified that any temperature alarms over the weekend were likely related to their eventual success. That being, the success of the gypsies at stealing the copper out of the air conditioner. Let me say again . . . Gypsies.
The point of this post is that there is a new standard for weirdness in I.T. outage root causes. I must clarify that while this is a new standard, surely the weirdness in general is increasing far faster than the postal rate and I expect zombies riding on robotic dinosaurs to arrive at any moment to devour our mail server, which is unfortunately named MAILBRAIN03 due to an interruption in the effective application of our naming process.

4 comments:

Andrew Moore said...

Gypsies vs. Zombies?

Garrick said...

Gypsies (with their flamboyant dress, nomadic lifestyle and hatred of ninjas) are almost pirates.

Joe said...

You make Stevie Nicks sound like a gypsy ... wait a minute ...

Andrew Moore said...

I'd say Gypsies. If only because they could summon werewolves.