Monday, June 05, 2006

CokeRewards progress - 386/850 -
Eight years ago this morning I called the radio station where Shana was a morning show co-host and asked her to marry me. She agreed, so I went on to request 'Freebird'.
Later that morning, we were married on the air before an estimated audience of thousands - many of whom still owe us a gift.
Since then, Shana has put up with an amazing amount of seriously geeky crap. It has fallen to her to be the cool one, so that as a couple we balance out somewhere more awesome than geeky. As the years pass, this job is harder and harder.
Saturday she commented that with my new issue of The Amazing Spider-Man serving as a geeky 'last straw' she would actually have to be a Ninja Pirate Secret Agent working for the CIA and FBI just to swing us back around to being as cool as the neighbor who sells lawn equipment.
Ahoy, Shana-san of the Crescent Moon. You can tap my phone any day.
Speaking of horribly horribly geeky, I've enrolled in "Discover Dungeons & Dragons" through Barnes and Noble University Online! I'm hoping to maybe pick up something I missed or at least get the nerdiest certificate ever for my wall.
Continued education is important, after all.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Found some more Coke reward points at home. I'll email them to you ...

But remember ... with Coke ... only the first taste is free. After that, you pay for them.

Say hello to my little friend!

Garrick said...

WOO HOO!!!!