Tuesday, June 06, 2006

CokeRewards progress - 407/850 - I'm on schedule for hitting the halfway point if it weren't for today's jury duty of the beast. Is this much Diet Coke harmful? How about if you mix them with Mentos? That can't be healthy.
Having never had jury duty, I'm pretty excited about it. I found out that I can spend up to 40 hours in jury duty without having to take vacation days, too, so I probably wouldn't instantly recommend the death penalty. Probably.
That, coupled with $15 per day, makes jury duty a place that might be pretty awesome compared to being at work. When I tell people that they shake their heads sadly and I feel the need to repeat, "$15 a day, people."
Yesterday I spent all day opening similar but not identical service tickets with HP which all need to by updated by someone at my office today. Just not by me, I've got jury duty. Plus $15.
This is going to be awesome!
Should I bring the laptop? Does the courthouse have free wireless internet? While I'm there, should I change my last name to McHotwings?
Nothing screams professionalism like "beerymchotwings@prettygeekything.com" scrawled proudly across the top of a resume.
The hold up is that Gwynyth is firmly against the change to McHotwings. I had no idea she had an issue with Scottish people.
"LeHotwings" is not up for discussion. That kind of defeats the purpose.

2 comments:

Andrew Moore said...

Happy belated anniversary, Beery! Enjoy jury duty (just imagine ... you could be at the nexus of a Grishamesque courtroom drama! Another 12 Angry Men! Yay!)

Garrick said...

It was less dramatic than I'd hoped.
You want the truth?!?! You can't stay awake through the truth!!!!