Wednesday, August 16, 2006

For someone that watches no TV, it has consumed quite a bit of the past couple of days for me.
Ok.
NBC offered a preview DVD of two of their new shows coming out this fall free through Netflix to generate word of mouth. Last night we watched them both.
Kidnapped was good. "The Accountant" is the best part. I thought it was dark and eerie and as a parent I found it disturbing.
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was completely awesome. I'd almost get cable just for that. I know NBC is a broadcast network, but it is a hassle. The show is funny and compelling and genuine seeming. Of course, Matthew Perry is always funny. Or maybe I just have a new appreciation for drugged up people.
Today, I contributed to society by working as a paid extra on Cristina's Court. At one point, she doled out judicial wisdom in Spanish and it felt unnatural and forced. Then I found out how very wrong my perception was given her history.
Anyway, hanging out with the other extras was interesting. I've spent too long away from theatre people. I've become the stiff.
On the bright side, I sat right next to the lady from the SwivelSweeper commercial (recently translated into Japanese). I didn't have the heart to tell her I've never heard of it.

No comments: