Thursday, August 09, 2007

Oh man oh man oh man oh man.
I don't care where you pick it up, but everyone please please buy at least one copy of this.
Why? Because Joss Whedon said it is the best chance of getting Serenity II.
If you read past the horribly disappointing news about the Wonder Woman movie, the best part is at the bottom.
From the interview:



So then you're saying we've got a chance?


Joss Whedon: Well it's probably not being discussed in boardrooms right now, but the fact of the matter is if it makes enough money sooner or later they say "hey, this is money!" Also there are paradigms that are much cheaper, it doesn't have to be enormous. But on the other hand I'm happy to say all of my actors are working very hard. It's not the same situation where we all threw in for pennies because we had to finish telling that story. Now that situation might be harder to bring about.



At this point, I have no choice but to step out of the cubicle and do a little dance of joy. Later, it could be a much bigger dance. In the event the Serenity II thing actually happens, it will be a dance of epic proportions destined to make the top 20 on YouTube with the tag "Nerdy Yet Strangely Attractive I.T. Guy Celebrates A Lot And Then Falls Down".
When Fox killed Firefly, they removed a vital part of the current and future state of Speculative Fiction.
Anyone who is sick of hearing me complain about this should just buy the Collector's Edition DVD to shut me up. Anyone who is not sick of hearing me complain about it has likely pre-ordered multiple copies already.
Guess which group of people I like?
In other firefly related news, last night I settled in to help Webinara kill another ~130 Bogflare Needlers. As it turns out, she only needed 5 before the [Captured Firefly] happened.
I made a noise. It was something like a relieved "WOO HOO!!!!!!" Gwynyth, having helped me count the ones who did not carry the firefly yesterday over 100 times, was ready for me to travel to dragon country for the ultra-rare "whelpling" pet, but I opted out of that to sit and wonder whether Webinara should sell the [Captured Firefly] on the in-game Auction House or take it out of the box and play with it.
Greed or fun?
While walking around with the little guy would be awesome --- It could almost pay for a flying mount for Webinara if she sold it. Flying mount!
Also, it is a bug, and by their nature, bugs skitter.

Bogflare Needlers Killed: 291
"Captured Firefly" found: 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say.

Congratulations!

W00+!

But this doesn't mean the game is over, does it?

Garrick said...

I'm afraid not.
I think that requires some sort of patch. Or methadone.